Friday, May 13, 2011

Grace


Nothing is an accident. Everything is a grace. I forgot who said that but I read it somewhere. Three years ago, I bought this book on the life of a saint in one of those bargain bookstores that I usually haunt. The saint is St. Marie Eugenie of Jesus, the foundress of the Religious of the Assumption. I bought it because my mother studied in the Assumption from pre-school to college. That was it.

Three years after, I find myself applying for a teaching job in that same school. It was just to give it a try. I even didn't know if there was a vacancy. Suddenly I found myself going back for a couple of times and then, I was accepted. Just like that.

I believe that this is part of my growth. I learned a lot from my previous school. Now everything that I randomly learned will take form, will solidify. In Filipino, dito ako magkakabuto. The first three days were overwhelming, but this excites me. I know I'll become a better teacher.

While my partner for the year level that I'm going to teach was giving me references to study, she gave me the same book that I already have on the life of Marie Eugenie. I told her I already have that book and told her how I got it. She smiled and said that I was being prepared for this.

I didn't realize it until she said that.

Nothing is an accident, some saint said. Everything is a grace.

Walang bagay na nagkataon lang. Ang lahat ay biyaya.

In one of our morning sharing sessions, I told my new coordinator this: It is written that when the student is ready, the teacher will come. Along with that line, I also believe that when the teacher needs to be challenged, the student will come.

Amen to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment